While Unfold’s story templates are designed with social media story features in mind, you can use post templates to add images or videos to your main Instagram feed. These templates use a 4:5 size ratio, making them ideal layouts for individual posts.
Create a new post
To create a post:
- On the Unfold home screen, tap +.
- Tap Post, then click Project title in the top-left to customize the post title.
- Tap + to add the first page of your post.
- Choose a template from the collection.
- Tap an image icon to select an image or video from your device or select an image from the Unsplash library. Tap the black circle button in the bottom-right corner of the gallery picker to choose an image from the Google Photos app. You can also take new photos directly in the Unfold app by tapping the camera icon.
- Tap + again to add more pages, or continue editing the current page.
Depending on the template you chose, the layout may include places for multiple images or videos and example text boxes. You can edit the existing layout and add additional elements. The available template options vary by device type.
Edit and customize your post
You can edit and customize your post with the same Unfold features you use to customize stories, including text, stickers, and other tools. To learn more, visit Creating stories.
Share your post
When you’re ready, you can share your post to your Instagram feed or to other apps, like Twitter, Messenger, or WhatsApp. Tap the save or share icon in the top-right corner, then select how you want to share the post:
- To device - Save the post to your device if you want to share it manually or save it for later. Posts saved to your device are always 1080px × 1350px.
- To Planner - Export the post to the Instagram Feed Planner where you can map out how the post fits into your grid of Instagram posts.
- Social media - Tap the app where you want to share your post. The selected app opens and previews the post so you can make final changes before publishing or sending.