Use the Instagram Feed Planner to map out what your grid of Instagram posts will look like to visitors. This is ideal when you have photos and videos that connect to one another to create a larger image, or when you just want to ensure the posts match your brand's aesthetics.
Before you begin
- The Feed Planner works best when you have a large number of images and videos to post already on your device. This gives you the most flexibility to see how different arrangements will look in your Instagram feed.
- The Feed Planner is only intended for planning purposes, and you'll still have to post each image or video individually. Unfold can't post your images to Instagram in bulk through the Feed Planner.
- On the free version of Unfold, you can plan the arrangement of up to 3 images or videos in your Instagram feed. Subscribe to Unfold+ or Unfold Pro to arrange more images at one time.
- On Unfold+ or the free version of Unfold, you can connect one Instagram account to the Feed Planner. Subscribers to Unfold Pro can connect multiple accounts.
To start using the Feed Planner:
- Open the Unfold app.
- Tap Plan on the Unfold home screen.
- Tap Connect Instagram, then follow the steps to log in and Authorize.
After Instagram connects successfully, you'll see your current Instagram posts in a grid format. Images you've already posted display with an Instagram icon in the bottom-right corner.
Plan your feed
To plan your Instagram feed:
- In the Instagram Feed Planner, tap + Add To Grid.
- Take or choose up to 6 images or videos from your device. To upload unlimited images, subscribe to Unfold+ or Unfold Pro.
- Tap and hold an image to rearrange it in the grid. You can only rearrange images added to the Feed Planner, not existing posts.
- When you have your feed planned, tap the image farthest down, click Share, then click Instagram. In Instagram, edit the image and post it.
- Repeat the previous step for all the images in your feed, posting in reverse order to ensure it matches the Feed Planner. Alternatively, if you don't want to post all the images at once, you can post the rest another time. The Feed Planner will keep your images in the same order even after you close it.
For more options, tap an image or multiple images, then tap one of the following:
- Share - Save the image to your device, or share it to other apps or through text messages. You can only share one image at a time.
- Delete - Remove the images from the Feed Planner. This doesn't delete them from your device.
- Hide - Hide the images from the Feed Planner. To reveal hidden images, click the eye icon in the top-right corner, tap the images, then click Show.
- Replace - Replace the image with another from your device. You can only replace one image at a time.
Add another Instagram account
If you subscribe to Unfold Pro, you can add more Instagram accounts to the Feed Planner. This way, you can plan your post grid for each of the business and personal accounts you manage, all in one place.
To add another Instagram account to the Feed Planner:
- Tap your account name at the top of the page, then tap Add Account.
- Select your account type by tapping Creator or Business or Personal.
- Follow the steps to log in and Authorize.
To switch between accounts, tap the Instagram account name at the top of the Feed Planner, then tap the account you want to view the feed for. Tap … beside an account name to refresh the account’s Instagram feed or log out of that Instagram Account.
Log out of Instagram
To log out of your Instagram account in the Feed Planner, tap your username at the top, then tap Log Out to confirm.
You can completely remove Unfold's access to your Instagram account through the Instagram app. Learn more in Instagram's Help Center.