Use Unfold’s built-in image editor to apply filters, effects, and other edits to images in your stories before sharing them.
This guide is for editing images after adding them to a story. To take and edit images before adding them to a story, visit Using Unfold Studio.
Edit an image or video
To edit an image or video after adding it to your story:
- Tap the image or video you want to edit.
- Crop the image by zooming in or out.
- Tap at the bottom of the screen.
- Tap Filters to select a filter. Use the slider to increase or decrease the filter.
- Tap Effects to add an effect. Use the slider to increase or decrease the effect.
- Tap Adjust to edit the image’s brightness, contrast, and other qualities.
- Tap … for more options. See the below section for more details.
- When you’re done making changes, tap ✓.
Apply or remove edits to and from multiple images
When editing, tap ... for tools to apply or remove edits on multiple images:
- To copy edits to other pages in the story, tap Copy effects.
- To paste copied edits, tap Paste effects.
- To restore the original image, tap Clear effects.
- To apply the edits to all images on the page, tap Apply to all in page.
- To save the original image, tap Export media.
Trim a video to a custom length
To select a specific clip from a video without being limited to a specific length:
- Tap the video you want to trim.
- Tap Trim at the bottom of the screen.
- Grab the handle on the left side of the timeline and slide in to trim the beginning of the video clip.
- Grab the handle on the right side of the timeline and slide in to trim the end of the video clip.
- Tap Trim to commit the trim edit.
Trim a video to a specific length
Choose one of five specific lengths for your video. Depending on the length of the clip you're starting with, some options might not be available. To trim a video to a specific length:
- Tap the video you want to edit.
- Tap the length you want: five seconds, 15 seconds, 20 seconds, one minute, or three minutes.
- Slide the selector along the timeline to select your clip.
Mute a video
To mute the audio tied to a video:
- Tap the video you want to mute.
- Tap Mute.
- Tap ✓.
Stop a video from looping
To prevent a video from looping:
- Tap the video you want to prevent from looping.
- Tap Play once.
- Tap ✓.
Change the background
You can customize the background color and texture of the template you're using.
To change the background:
1. Tap the project
2. Tap Background at the bottom of the screen.
3. Tap Color or Texture to explore existing colors and textures.
4. Tap Picker or Eyedropper to choose a custom color.
5. When you've made your changes, tap Background to use your new background.
Add a drawing (iOS only)
To add a drawing:
- Tap the project.
- Tap Draw.
- Choose a brush style.
- Use the slider to adjust the thickness of the brush.
- Tap the desired texture.
- Draw on the screen with your finger.
- Tap ✓ to commit the drawing or tap clear to try again.