With Unfold for Brands, you can upload custom colors, logos, stickers, and fonts to create stories that reflect your organization’s house style or your personal brand. You can use Unfold for Brands through the Unfold for Brands web dashboard or on the Unfold app.
Unfold for Brands subscriptions also include everything available on Unfold+.
Subscribe to Unfold for Brands through the Unfold app. You can select a yearly or monthly plan. All features are included in both plans:
- Yearly membership - $99.99 USD annually
- Monthly membership - $12.99 USD monthly
Payment is handled through Apple or Google directly, depending on your device.
It's not possible to share an Unfolds for Brand subscription across multiple Apple IDs or Google Play accounts. If you run a business and need multiple people to access your Unfold for Brands account, we recommend setting up a business Apple ID or Google Play account for use by you and your employees. All users will need to use the same operating system, as it's not possible for the same subscription to be used on both iOS and Android devices.
Start with a free trial
Yearly and annual memberships include a seven-day free trial. At the end of your trial, the subscription renews automatically. If you’ve previously used the seven-day free trial with Unfold+, your Unfold for Brands subscription begins on a paid basis immediately.
Upgrade from Unfold+
If you're an Unfold+ subscriber and upgrade to Unfold for Brands, you'll receive a prorated refund or credit toward your Unfold for Brands subscription, depending on your device.
- iOS users receive a prorated refund based on the time remaining in their original subscription.
- Android users have credit put toward the Unfold for Brands subscription based on the time remaining.
Subscribe to Unfold for Brands
To subscribe to Unfold for Brands:
- On the Unfold home screen, tap the store icon.
- Tap the Unfold for Brands banner at the top of the store.
- Select Yearly Membership or Monthly Membership.
Log in to an existing Squarespace account or sign up for a new account to complete the process.
Create an account
After subscribing, start using Unfold for Brands by clicking Sign Up to create an account through Squarespace. If you have an existing Squarespace account you want to use, click Log In instead.
If you update your email through Squarespace, this won't be reflected in the Unfold app until the next time you log out and log back in.
Open Unfold for Brands
You can use Unfold for Brands on the Unfold for Brands web dashboard on a computer or on the Unfold app. We recommend using the web dashboard for uploading assets. Then, create your branded stories on the Unfold app.
To open Unfold for Brands in your browser:
- Go to the Unfold for Brands web dashboard and log in.
- In the Brand Kit dashboard, upload colors, stickers, or fonts.
- To view stories you’ve published, click Stories.
- To edit account preferences, click Preferences.
The Unfold for Brands web dashboard is supported on these browsers:
- Microsoft Edge
It's possible to access the web dashboard on the mobile version of these browsers, but we recommend using the Unfold app on mobile devices for the best experience.
To open Unfold for Brands in the Unfold app:
- Tap Brands in the top-right corner.
- To upload colors, stickers, or fonts, tap Brand Kit.
- To edit account preferences, tap Account.
It's not possible to upload custom templates at this time.
Add custom colors
By entering a hex code or selecting colors manually from a color wheel, you can add your brand's colors to your brand kit for use in your stories.
To add a color:
- In the Colors section, click Add.
- Enter your color’s hex code in the text field, or select the color manually.
- Click Add.
To add a color:
- Tap Colors, then tap Add Colors.
- In the text field, enter your color’s hex code. The corresponding color will display in the box to the right.
- Tap Add.
Stickers are floating images you can use to enhance or decorate your stories. This is a great place to upload a logo or other brand-specific icons.
To upload a sticker, click Upload in the Logos & Stickers section, then drag and drop files into the uploader, or click browse to select a file from your computer. You can upload .png, .jpg, and .gif files up to 10 MB each.
To upload a sticker, tap Stickers, then tap Upload Stickers. You can upload from your device or click Unsplash to license a free stock image. You can upload .png, .jpg, and .gif files up to 10 MB each.
Note: We recommend adding transparent .png images on the web dashboard. Transparent .png files don’t retain transparency on mobile devices and display a white background instead.
Upload custom fonts
Upload custom fonts to ensure text in your stories matches your brand's style guide.
To upload a custom font, click Upload in the Fonts section, then drag and drop files into the uploader, or click browse to select a file from your computer. You can upload .otf or .ttf files up to 10 MB each.
To upload a custom font from your device, tap Fonts, then tap Upload Fonts. You can upload .otf or .ttf files up to 10 MB each.
Export and import Brand Kits
You can export a Brand Kit to share with other Unfold for Brands users. To export a Brand Kit on the computer or in the Unfold app:
- Tap the three dots in the top-right corner.
- Click Export.
- Save the file to your device.
If you have a saved Brand Kit file, you can import it to your Unfold for Brands account. To import a Brand Kit on the computer or in the Unfold app:
- Tap the three dots in the top-right corner.
- Click Import.
- Select the file from your device and click Done.
Edit account preferences
To edit your account preferences, click Preferences. Here, you can add a profile picture, brand name, and username, or edit your account name and email. Your profile picture and brand name will appear on your stories.
To edit your account preferences, tap Account. Here, you can add a brand name and username, or edit your account name and email. Your brand name will appear on your stories. To add a profile picture, edit account preferences through the web dashboard on your computer.
Publish branded stories
Create stories in the Unfold app with the colors, stickers, and fonts you've added to your brand kit by tapping the Brand tab.
When your branded stories are ready, you can publish them from the Unfold app. It’s not currently possible to publish them from the web dashboard.
When you’re ready to publish a branded story to the web:
- Tap the story in the Unfold app, then tap the save icon in the top-right corner.
- Tap Story, then tap Web Story.
- Tap Options to choose your publication status.
- Tap Publish. This generates a unique URL where your stories is located, and you can also view any stories you publish in the Stories tab of the web dashboard.
When you tap Options, three options display. Choose from:
- Unpublished - The story won’t be published on the web, but you will be able to view it in the Stories tab of your web dashboard.
- Public - The story will be published and searchable on Google and other search engines.
- Private - Published on the web but only available to viewers with the link.
Made with Unfold
By default, Unfold for Brands stories include a “Made with Unfold” branded page. To disable this, tap Options, then switch the ‘Made With Unfold’ final page toggle off.
View your stories
You can view your stories on the web at their unique stori.es URL, or by clicking Stories in the web dashboard. To filter your stories by Published (Public), Published (Private), and Unpublished, use the drop-down menu.
Keep in mind, after publishing a story or making changes to it, it can take a moment before you see those changes reflected on its stori.es URL.