Use a payment processor to accept crowdfunding or tip payments on your Bio Site.
Accept payments directly through your Bio Site by connecting to Stripe or PayPal. You can receive payments through Tips and Crowdfunding sections.
Before you begin
How to connect
To connect a payment processor to your Bio Site using the web editor:
- In the left navigation menu, click to open the Sections panel.
- Under Recommended, click Crowdfunding or Tips to begin setting up one of those sections.
- Click Add payment provider.
- Then click Connect Stripe or Connect PayPal.
- Follow the prompts to connect your payment processor.
If you have multiple accounts with Stripe or PayPal and have connected the wrong account to your Bio Site, contact support to remove the incorrect connection.
In addition to the standard fees charged by Stripe and PayPal, Unfold collects the following fees:
Optimize your Stripe settings
Connecting your Stripe account to Unfold creates a new sub-account in Stripe. We recommend optimizing your Stripe account settings to improve your experience and your visitors' experience:
- Verify you're eligible to use Stripe.
- Update your email settings to ensure Stripe sends an email to you and the person paying each time you get a payment.
- Attach a bank account to your Stripe account to receive payouts.
- Update your account name so the business name in the top-left corner during check out matches your branding.