To accept tips and payments from your audience, add a Support Me (Android) or Tips (iOS) section to your Bio Site. This section highlights links to your various payment platforms. You can only add one of these sections per Bio Site.
Some iOS users in an Early Access period can also accept tips directly through Unfold by integrating with Stripe. Visitors tap a button in your Bio Site to tip, choose an amount, then check out with Stripe.
Add a Support Me (Android) or Tips (iOS) section
To add a Support Me or Tips section:
- While editing your Bio Site, tap the + tab.
- Scroll down to reveal the Add Section header.
- Tap the Support or Tips tab.
- Tap the icon for the payment platform you want to add.
- Enter your account information, then tap ✓.
- Repeat these steps for each payment platform you want to add.
To add links to payment platforms that aren’t in the list of payment icons, or to link to more than one account on a single payment platform, add links manually.
After adding links to the section, you can move icons up or down the list by tapping and holding = next to a payment platform icon. Delete an icon by tapping the trash can icon. You can rearrange icons in a section you previously created by editing your Bio Site.
Accept tips directly (Early Access and iOS only)
Some iOS users in an Early Access period can accept tips by integrating a Stripe account directly in the Tips section. We'll be adding customers to the Early Access group in waves, so if the Set up Payment option isn't available for you yet, keep checking back.
We can help with questions about how to connect your Stripe account to Unfold. Other questions about your Stripe account and how to manage it are beyond the scope of Unfold support. For those questions, contact Stripe instead.
After creating a Tips section, connect it to Stripe:
- Create a Stripe account, if you don't have one already. We recommend using your mobile browser or a computer.
- While editing your Bio Site, tap the Tips tab.
- Tap Set up Payment.
- Tap Connect, then follow the prompts to connect your Stripe account to Unfold.
- After Stripe is connected, customize the wording of your tip button and your currency.
Optimize your Stripe settings
Connecting your Stripe account to Unfold creates a new sub-account in Stripe. We recommend optimizing your Stripe account settings to improve your experience and your visitors' experience:
- Update your email settings to ensure Stripe sends an email to you and the tipper each time you get a tip,
- Attach a bank account to your Stripe account to receive payouts.
- Update your account name so the business name in the top-left corner during check out matches your branding.
- Verify you're eligible to use Stripe.