A Bio Site is a hub where you can share all the links that define your online presence in a beautiful layout to match your style. Bio Sites work like a kind of online business card. You can create your Bio Site through the Unfold app.
You can create up to 10 Bio Sites with Unfold Pro and up to two with other versions of Unfold.
Get started on your Bio Site
To get started on your Bio Site:
- Tap Bio Sites on the Unfold home screen, then tap Start Creating.
- Select a Bio Site template.
- (iOS only) To autofill your Bio Site with content from your Squarespace site, tap Autofill. Learn more about autofill in the section below.
- Tap Style, then tap Background to change your background color.
- Tap the eye icon to preview your Bio Site.
- Tap Edit Bio Site to customize your profile and add sections. By default, your Bio Site already has Socials and Links sections. Continue reading this guide for more details.
Bio Site templates
If you're using Unfold+ or Unfold Pro, you can choose from four template options when you create a Bio Site. If you're using the free version of Unfold, you have access to the default template only.
On the Select template screen, scroll to your preferred template, then tap Select.
To later change your Bio Site template, while editing your Bio Site:
- Tap the Style, then tap Template.
- Tap your preferred template, then tap X.
Autofill a Bio Site with your branding (iOS only)
If you have a Squarespace website and you're creating a Bio Site for the first time, you can use Autofill to automatically populate your Bio Site with the brand name, logo, colors, fonts, URL, and social links from your site. This ensures your Bio Site seamlessly matches your site's style and branding.
To use Autofill:
- While editing your Bio Site on an iOS device, tap Autofill in the top-right corner. The button only appears if you haven't previously added any content to your Bio Site.
- If you haven't linked your Unfold app to your Squarespace account yet, tap Log in, and follow the prompts.
- Tap Yes to confirm.
Change the background color
To change the background color of your Bio Site, tap Style while editing your Bio Site, then tap Background.
Choose a background:
- Colors - Choose a preset solid or gradient color.
- Animations (iOS only) - Choose an animated gradient.
- Picker - Use the slider to select a color, then tap a shade in the square above. If you know the Hex value for the color you want, you can also tap the value field to edit it.
- Eyedrop (Unfold+ and Unfold Pro only) - Pull a background color from an image or element on your screen.
Add your profile information
To add images and personal information to your Bio Site:
- While editing your Bio Site, tap the Profiles tab.
- Tap Profile photo to upload a profile picture from your device or Instagram, select an image from the Unsplash library, or take a new photo with your device’s camera.
- Tap Cover photo to upload a cover photo from your device or Instagram, select an image from the Unsplash library, or take a new photo with your device’s camera. We recommend resizing images to a minimum of 1200 px × 674px, as the selected image is cropped to fit an aspect ratio of 16:9.
- Tap Your name to enter your name, then tap ✓.
- Tap Add a description to enter a short biography or description of your work, then tap ✓.
Add your social accounts
By default, your Bio Site contains a Socials section beneath your profile information. Use this section to display a row of icons linking to your social accounts. You can move or delete this section at any time. If you used Autofill to populate content in your Bio Site, the Socials section automatically populates with the links from the Social links panel of your Squarespace site.
To add a row of social icons:
- While editing your Bio Site, tap the Socials tab.
- Tap the icon for the social account you want to add to this section.
- Enter your username beside the icon, then tap ✓.
- Repeat these steps for each social account you want to add, up to eight.
- To rearrange your social accounts, tap the pencil icon, then tap and hold = next to the social account you want to move to slide it up or down the list.
- To delete a social account, tap the pencil icon, then tap the trash can icon next to the social account you want to delete.
If the icon for the social account you want to add doesn't appear, or to add multiple accounts for a single social platform, add links to those accounts manually.
Add your links
Links you add in the Links section display as a vertical list in the body of your Bio Site. This is a great place to add links to your websites or direct links to social media profiles that don’t have a built-in icon in the Socials tab. This section appears beneath the Socials section by default, but you can move or delete it at any time.
To add links:
- While editing your Bio Site, tap the Links tab.
- In the Link name field, add the name you want to appear for the link, then tap ✓.
- In the URL field, add the URL for the website you want to link to. The URL won’t be visible on your Bio Site.
- Tap the picture icon. Tap Camera roll to upload a thumbnail image from your device, select an image from the Unsplash library, or take a new photo with your device’s camera. If you're adding a link to a social account, tap Icon library instead to add a branded icon image. Tap ✓.
- Repeat these steps for every link you want to add.
- To rearrange your links, tap the pencil icon, then tap and hold = next to the link you want to move to slide it up or down the list.
- To delete a link, tap the pencil icon, then tap the trash can icon next to the link you want to delete.
Add more sections to your Bio Site
You can further customize your Bio Site by adding more content sections. The number of sections you can add to your Bio Site depends on your version of Unfold. On Unfold+ and the free version of Unfold, you can add up to three more sections, in addition to your Profile, Links, and Socials sections. Subscribe to Unfold Pro to add unlimited sections to your Bio Site.
To add content sections:
- While editing your Bio Site, tap the + tab.
- Scroll down to reveal the Add Section header.
- Tap the section type you want to add.
- The new section automatically appears at the bottom of your Sections list.
- A new tab with the name of your added section appears at the top of the Bio Site editor. To edit the section, tap the associated tab. Tap ✓.
Text Box sections
Add more written content to your Bio Site with Text Box sections.
After you add a Text Box to your Bio Site:
- Tap the Text Box tab.
- Enter a Title and Description, then tap ✓.
You can use a Tips section to invite your audience to support you in appreciation of your content, products, or services. To learn more, visit Accepting tips with Unfold.
Connect your Tips section directly to Stripe (Early Access and iOS only)
Some iOS users in an Early Access period can also accept tips by integrating directly with their Stripe accounts in Tips section.
We'll be adding customers to the Early Access group in waves, so if the option isn't available for you yet, keep checking back.
We can help with questions about how to connect your Stripe account to Unfold. Other questions about your Stripe account are beyond the scope of Unfold support and should be directed to Stripe.
To connect directly to Stripe in the Tips section:
- Tap the Support tab.
- Tap Set up Payment.
- Tap Connect, then follow the prompts to connect your Stripe account to Unfold.
- After Stripe is connected, customize the wording of your tip button and your currency.
- We recommend using your Stripe settings to optimize your setup. Use your Stripe account email settings to decide if you and your visitors receive emails when you get a tip. Update your Stripe account name to change the business name in the top-left corner of the visitor check-out screen.
When Stripe is directly connected to your Bio Site, visitors follow these steps to tip you:
- Visit your Bio Site, then tap your tip button.
- Enter the tip amount, then tap your tip button again.
- Enter their payment details and confirm they wish to tip.
Embed links to third party services like Spotify or Apple Music in your Bio Site with Music sections. Your audience can then listen to the embedded song or playlist directly from your Bio Site or navigate to the music platform to discover more content. You can embed one link per Music section, but you can add multiple Music sections to your Bio Site.
After you add a Music section to your Bio Site:
- Tap the Music tab.
- Tap the icon for the music platform you want to direct visitors to.
- Enter the URL for the music you're embedding, then tap ✓.
- (Optional) Add a note about the linked music, then tap ✓.
To add a video to your Bio Site, first upload it to a supported host like YouTube, Vimeo, or Twitch, then embed it in a Video section. You can embed one link per Video section, but you can add multiple Video sections to your Bio Site.
After you add a Video section to your Bio Site:
- Tap the Video tab.
- Tap the icon for the video platform that hosts your video.
- Enter the URL for the video you're embedding, then tap ✓.
- (Optional) Add a note about the linked video, then tap ✓.
Embed and display your social media posts directly in your Bio Site with a Posts section. Posts sections pull in social content, such as a Twitter feed or TikTok video, for visitors to view without leaving your Bio Site. You can embed one social media account link per Posts section, but you can add multiple Posts sections to your Bio Site.
After you add a Posts section to your Bio Site:
- Tap the Posts tab.
- Tap the icon for the social media platform you want to embed.
- Enter the URL for the account you're embedding, then tap ✓.
- (Optional) Add a note about the linked social media account, then tap ✓.
Rearrange and delete sections
To rearrange the sections in your Bio Site, tap the + tab, then tap and hold = next to the section you want to move. When you move a section, its associated tab in the Bio Site editor also moves to match the new section order.
You can delete a section by tapping the X next to the section name. If you delete a section, you can add it back at any time. Doing so only restores the section type, however, not the content in it. For example, if you delete the Socials section from your Bio Site, you delete all the social link information saved to that section. If you add the Socials section back, you'll need to complete all the steps under Add your social accounts again.
Publish your Bio Site
When you’ve completed your Bio Site, publish it and link to it from your website, social media platforms, or other places around the internet so your audience can find everything they need to know about you and your brand.
You need a Squarespace account to publish your Bio Site, but you can create and preview one without an account.
To publish your Bio Site:
- Tap Publish in the top-right corner.
- If you already have a Squarespace account, tap Log In. To create a Squarespace account, tap Sign Up.
- Enter a custom URL for your Bio Site (for example, bio.site/yourname). URLs need to be 30 characters or fewer, and can only contain letters, numbers, periods, and underscores.
- Tap Publish.
- Your Bio Site is now live. Tap Copy Link to copy your Bio Site URL so you can share it or link to it elsewhere.
Edit your Bio Site
To edit an existing Bio Site:
- Tap Bio Site on the Unfold home screen.
- Tap the Bio Site preview that appears to open the editor.
- Make your changes.
- Tap Update.
Bio Site visibility
After publishing your Bio Site, you can tap the link icon to copy your Bio Site URL at any time. Below your URL, tap Visibility to change who can view your Bio Site:
- Public - Make your Bio Site visible and searchable to anyone on the internet
- Private - Make your Bio Site visible only to you
- Delete - Delete your Bio Site. It’s not possible to undo this action, but you can always create another Bio Site from scratch.
Features by plan
All plans include the following:
- Unlimited links
- Up to eight social icons
- Profile and cover images
- Custom background color
- Custom URL
Bio Sites for Unfold Pro subscribers also include the option to remove the Unfold logo.