A Bio Site is a hub where you can share all the links that define your online presence in a beautiful layout to match your style. Bio Sites work like a kind of online business card. You can create your Bio Site through the Unfold app.
We’re releasing this feature in waves. If you don’t see this option, the experience isn’t available for your account yet. To learn more, visit Unfold.com.
Get started on your Bio Site
To get started on your Bio Site:
- If you have an iOS device, tap Bio Sites on the Unfold home screen, then tap Start Creating. If you have an Android device, tap the Bio Site tab, then tap +.
- Tap the pencil icon to change your background color.
- Tap the eye icon to preview your Bio Site.
- Tap Edit Bio Site to add your images, information, social accounts, and links. See the following sections for more details.
Each account can create one Bio Site. It’s not possible to create multiple Bio Sites on the same account.
Add your profile information
To add images and personal information to your Bio Site:
- While editing your Bio Site, tap the Profiles tab.
- Tap Profile photo to upload a profile picture from your device or Instagram, select an image from the Unsplash library, or take a new photo with your device’s camera.
- Tap Cover photo to upload a cover photo from your device or Instagram, select an image from the Unsplash library, or take a new photo with your device’s camera. We recommend resizing images to a minimum of 1200 px × 674px, as the selected image will be cropped to fit an aspect ratio of 16:9.
- Tap Your name to enter your name, then tap ✓.
- Tap Add a description to enter a short biography or description of your work, then tap ✓.
Add your social accounts
To add a row of icons that link to your social accounts below your profile information:
- While editing your Bio Site, tap the Socials tab.
- Tap the icon for the social account you want to add.
- Enter your username beside the icon, then tap ✓.
- Repeat these steps for each social account you want to add, up to eight.
- To rearrange your social accounts, tap the pencil icon, then tap and hold = next to the social account you want to move to slide it up or down the list.
- To delete a social account, tap the pencil icon, then tap the trash can icon next to the social account you want to delete.
If you don’t see the icon for the social account you want to add or you want to add multiple accounts for a single social platform, see the following section to learn how to add links manually.
Add your links
Links you add in the Links tab display as a vertical list in the body of your Bio Site. This is a great place to add links to your websites or direct links to social media profiles that don’t have a built-in icon in the Socials tab.
To add links:
- While editing your Bio Site, tap the Links tab.
- In the Link name field, add the name you want to appear for the link, then tap ✓.
- In the URL field, add the URL for the website you want to link to. The URL won’t be visible on your Bio Site.
- Repeat these steps for every link you want to add.
- To rearrange your links, tap the pencil icon, then tap and hold = next to the link you want to move to slide it up or down the list.
- To delete a link, tap the pencil icon, then tap the trash can icon next to the link you want to delete.
Publish your Bio Site
When you’ve finished your Bio Site, publish it and link to it from your website, social media platforms, or other places around the internet so your audience can find everything they need to know about you and your brand.
You need a Squarespace account to publish your Bio Site, but you can create and preview one without an account.
To publish your Bio Site:
- Tap Publish in the top-right corner.
- If you already have a Squarespace account, tap Log In. To create a Squarespace account, tap Sign Up.
- If you’re an Unfold+ or Unfold for Brands subscriber, enter a custom URL for your Bio Site (for example, bio.site/yourname). If you’re not a subscriber, your Bio Site URL will be randomly generated.
- Tap Publish.
- Your Bio Site is now live. Tap Copy Link to copy your Bio Site URL so you can share it or link to it elsewhere.
To make changes to your Bio Site after publishing, tap Edit Bio Site in the Bio Site tab.
Bio Site visibility
After publishing your Bio Site, you can tap the link icon to copy your Bio Site URL at any time. Below your URL, tap Visibility to change who can view your Bio Site:
- Public - Make your Bio Site visible and searchable to anyone on the internet
- Private - Make your Bio Site visible only to you
- Delete - Delete your Bio Site. It’s not possible to undo this action, but you can always create another Bio Site from scratch.
Features by plan
The available features for your Bio Site depend on your Unfold subscription. All plans include the following:
- Unlimited links
- Up to eight social icons
- Profile and cover images
- Custom background color
Bio Sites for free Unfold users include:
- Randomly generated URL
Bio Sites for Unfold+ subscribers include:
- Custom URL
Unfold for Brands
Bio Sites for Unfold for Brands subscribers include:
- Custom URL
- Option to remove the Unfold logo